Pull request for components?

Hi,

We’re looking into incorporating Bit into our workflow. To do that I need to understand if it possible to issue a pull request and suggest a new version of a component? something similar to how git handles it.

1 Like

We are still defining and implementing a PR process for Bit.

Internally we have developed the following method:

We use Bit’s ability to source components to a project, commit the change there, and issue the change as a pull request in the project that requires the modification and we use Git’s PR mechanism for code review, and if it passes, the CI will tag and export a new version.

I just started delving into Bit.dev today. Really awesome, I came up with and built a similar but much lighter system (internal for an organisation) back in 2010.

The above question is my first and main concern. I want pull request capability in a frictionless way while using Bit. So, please could you tell me-
Where is this on the roadmap?
Is there an example / tutorial of how you do it yourselves currently?
Can I help?

Henry

1 Like

would definitely start using Bit in my organization if PR’s were a thing and were frictionless! keep us updated :slight_smile:

Could you submit a more detailed steps report on how do you guys do that? I believe that this is a functionality that a lot of people are waiting for…

You guys rock! but I have to make sure that nothing goes to prod without approval on my organisation…
Thanks in advance!

Hi guys, any new about pull request feature? Our company are looking to migrate to use bit, but first we will need support for pull requests and for GitLab.