Cannot read property 'writeFile' of undefined

EDIT: It turns out this error occurs with regular React components as well, not just .ts files.

Trying to export my first component from a workspace using bit.envs/compilers/react-typescript@3.0.30 as the compiler. The component is a .ts file with some helper functions, not a React component. When I try to tag it, I get the following:

error: bit failed to build lib/helpers with the following exception:
Cannot read property 'writeFile' of undefined
TypeError: Cannot read property 'writeFile' of undefined
    at /Users/ryan/Coding/crossfield/vinefinder-consumer-web/.git/bit/components/compilers/react-typescript/bit.envs/3.0.30/components/.dependencies/compilers/typescript/bit.envs/3.1.0/dist/ts-compiler/src/compile.js:117:30
    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
    at /Users/ryan/Coding/crossfield/vinefinder-consumer-web/.git/bit/components/compilers/react-typescript/bit.envs/3.0.30/components/.dependencies/compilers/typescript/bit.envs/3.1.0/dist/ts-compiler/src/compile.js:7:71
    at new Promise (<anonymous>)
    at __awaiter (/Users/ryan/Coding/crossfield/vinefinder-consumer-web/.git/bit/components/compilers/react-typescript/bit.envs/3.0.30/components/.dependencies/compilers/typescript/bit.envs/3.1.0/dist/ts-compiler/src/compile.js:3:12)
    at createTSConfig (/Users/ryan/Coding/crossfield/vinefinder-consumer-web/.git/bit/components/compilers/react-typescript/bit.envs/3.0.30/components/.dependencies/compilers/typescript/bit.envs/3.1.0/dist/ts-compiler/src/compile.js:112:12)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/Users/ryan/Coding/crossfield/vinefinder-consumer-web/.git/bit/components/compilers/react-typescript/bit.envs/3.0.30/components/.dependencies/compilers/typescript/bit.envs/3.1.0/dist/ts-compiler/src/compile.js:30:15)
    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
    at fulfilled (/Users/ryan/Coding/crossfield/vinefinder-consumer-web/.git/bit/components/compilers/react-typescript/bit.envs/3.0.30/components/.dependencies/compilers/typescript/bit.envs/3.1.0/dist/ts-compiler/src/compile.js:4:58)
    at <anonymous>

I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong here. Any ideas?

Looks like this was an issue with my Node version. I was on 8.16.1. Upgrading to 12.13.1 solved the issue. Seems like the Bit docs may need to be updated with this information.